Tuesday, October 20, 2009

ONE WEEK!

I CANT BELIEVE IT!! exactly one week from today, I will have ran 26.2 miles through all 5 Boro's of New York City! From the Verrazano Bridge, through Brooklyn, Queens, over the Queensboro Bridge, into Manhattan and down First Avenue, over the Willis Ave Bridge into the Bronx, over the Madison Ave Bridge back into Manhattan, through Harlem, down Fifth Avenue, into Central Park, through Columbus Circle and back into the Park to Tavern on the Green. Holy Cow! Instead of just some distant vision, its actually here!



Today, we had the Poland Spring Marathon Kickoff 5 mile run. It was a little fun run that kicks off Marathon week. The excitement in the air is unbelievable!! Since Marathon Sunday is the day after Halloween this year, the majority of the team decided we would have a pseudo-Halloween today in celebration of our huge dedication and ambition to finishing the race next sunday. So, the 80's were in full effect! Jem and the Holograms were out in Central Park! and, damn!! we looked good, LOL! Stephanie was Jem, Jackie, Vanessa and I were the Holograms and Carly and Ally were the Misfits.



Okay, Okay, I know your dying to know where we found all of this ridiculous stuff we are wearing right!!?? Well... we ventured it up to Washington Heights, 181st Street. and man oh man, they have some awesome food! What was meant to be a snack because little old blondie, aka, me... was starving... wound up being quite the meal all for $30 bucks!! total for the 3 of us!!! mmm.. a little culture, delish!









How can I forget... Union Square has all of the Asics Marathon advertisements posted! Jackie, my awesome roommate, remembered her camera yesterday and we took pictures of every ad in the subway station.


Every time I see those ads, I get this overwhelming excitement. I love them! Okay, Im obsessed...










I still cant believe it, if I have said it once, I've said it a hundred times... I cant believe the marathon is almost here. This week is going to fly by. Im so excited, words cant explain!!!






I have enjoyed this experience so much, Im scared for November 2nd. I dont want it to end...




Mission this week: 1) dont get sick 2) dont get sick 3) aviod injury 4)enjoy all the marathon week events 5) dont get sick 6) carbo-load... aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!! =)



I know I owe you my Bib # and race info, I promise... this week! I will have maps and everything of the course...



xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Blondie (since that seems to be the adopted name my TFK'ers have given me)

No comments:

Post a Comment