Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Inspiration!

The mental wall is something I have been trying to avoid at all costs. Lately, I have mentioned how I have a few things that inspire me to complete this 26.2 journey. I thought it would be good to share those inspirational motivators with you fellow followers. But first, you have to understand, the inspiration comes from the people around me, the things I hear and see... so here goes; here are a few things that keep me from coming close to that wall:

Evan posted this video on his Facebook page and as soon as I watched it, I got choked up, inspired at the distance we will be traveling on foot and the sights to be seen along the way... Please watch it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnxknAnBVk0


I have become obsessed with the Jay-Z song, Empire State of Mind. The lyrics are all about NYC and how this city can inspire you to do thing nobody can dream of. Something about the song is so invigorating, I cant explain it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2nnrctKtq8


Lastly, Jackie pointed out the new Asics marketing campaing for the marathon. She found this in Runners mag and I cant help but read it over and over again... Breaking down each mile with a reason to keep moving forward and accomplishing something that I thought I would never accomplish..

1: HELLO STARTING LINE. GOODBYE DOUBT.
2: HELLO BROOKLYN. GOODBYE FEAR.
3. HELLO SPECTATORS. GOODBYE NERVES.
4. HELLO LITTLE WATER CUPS. GOODBYE ANXIETY.
5. HELLO SUNSET PARK. GOODBYE UNCERTAINTY.
6. HELLO HEADWIND. GOODBYE GOOD ENOUGH.
7. HELLO COLD. GOODBYE CYNICISM.
8. HELLO WARM NUMBNESS. GOODBYE PAIN.
9. HELLO DON’T STOP NOW. GOODBYE ARROGANCE.
10. HELLO POUNDING HEART. GOODBYE OVERCONFIDENCE.
11. HELLO WILLIAMSBURG HIPSTERS. GOODBYE GIVING UP.
12. HELLO LITTLE POLAND. GOODBYE THE EASY WAY OUT.
13. HELLO HALFWAY POINT. GOODBYE OBSTACLES.
14. HELLO QUEENS. GOODBYE PESSIMISM.
15. HELLO ROOSEVELT ISLAND. GOODBYE COMFORT ZONE.
16. HELLO MANHATTAN. GOODBYE APATHY.
17. HELLO FIRST AVENUE CROWDS. GOODBYE CRAMPING.
18. HELLO DAUNTING HILLS. GOODBYE COASTING.
19. HELLO WALL. GOODBYE EGO.
20. HELLO THE BRONX. GOODBYE STRUGGLE.
21. HELLO MADISON AVE. GOODBYE DEMONS.
22. HELLO CENTRAL PARK. GOODBYE WEAKNESS.
23. HELLO ADORING FANS. GOODBYE PREVIOUS BEST.
24. HELLO BEAUTIFUL DOWN HILL. GOODBYE LIMITATIONS.
25. HELLO ALMOST THERE. GOODBYE DISBELIEF.
26. HELLO FINISH LINE. GOODBYE OLD ME.
.2 HELLO NEW YORK. GOODBYE GIVING UP!

Isnt that great??!! read-repeat

AWESOME!!! So excited!! Im overwhelmed with excited nerves, happy thoughts and anxiousness for race day....
*****Be back this week with my Bib #, Start time, and all important details for race day!!! keep posted!!!!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxo
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment