Tuesday, October 20, 2009

12 days... thats less than 2 weeks!

Time is flying folks! The days are getting shorter and the marathon is creeping up quickly and I still have so much to do to get ready for the big day! I think I might need to make a life-sized poster list of all the things I still need to do. Ahh! the excitement and the anxiety of getting ready for the big day!

Things to do still...
  • Find a pair of tights that I am 100% sure I want to run in. (returned about 5 pairs in the past month).
  • Decide what shirt I am going to wear under my racing singlet.
  • Put my name on my singlet
  • Buy gloves
  • Buy my marathon day throw away clothes. - yes I say buy because I cant part with any of my sweats!
  • Make plans for my Dad, Brother and Crew to come in and cheer me on.
  • Decide if my new shoes are broken in or if I'm going to run in my old ones...
  • 2 more physical therapy appointments
  • RSVP to after marathon events
  • RSVP for pre-marathon events
  • Pick up race day package
  • Relax
  • Sleep

Im drawing a blank now, but there are definitely a bunch of things I think of sporatically throughout the day, and in the back of my mind I say, "Oh I cant forget about that..."

Saturday we had our official last run of the season. I cant believe it! unbelievable! No more early Saturday morning runs. What am I going to do on friday nights now? No lasagna dinners? no 10pm bed time? Okay, its not over yet... I still have 2 weeks before I can worry about that. Saturday was bitter bitter cold! It was by far my worst run this year. It hurt and I couldnt get warm. I had on my warm weather running gear and the chill in my body did not go away. I pray that marathon Sunday is not that cold. What happened to fall? Oh, Fall!! PLease come back!! at least for 11/1!!! I do not like the cold. I have great confidence in completing my first marathon, but the cold is my one element that will hold me back from having a great run! My body can not relax and loosen up when it is cold so I am asking all of you to pray, pray that marathon Sunday will be a great weather day for running... upper 50's, lower 60's no rain!!!

Are you just as excited as I am!!!!???

No comments:

Post a Comment