Friday, July 17, 2009

So, Im officially a runner? and a blogger?

I have officially committed myself to run the ING NYC Marathon! So, when people used to ask me, "are you a runner?" I would always say, "No, I just run to stay in shape." Since this commitment, I now consider myself a runner! And now that Im a runner, I am sharing with you my experiences in training to run the marathon - A BLOGGER!



I have decided that since I have this newly found passion for running within the past few years, I should take that passion, find a good reason to run, and join a Charity team. I am running with Team for Kids (with the help of my roommate, Jackie of course!) and have a goal of $3,000 in fundraising for the organization. Check 'em out! Its pretty cool what they support! www.tfkworldwide.org. Oh! and dont forget to sponsor my efforts and donate!



I want to share my journey with everyone, so keep checking back for some great stories, my progress, experiences and fundraising progress on this adventure to November 1st, 2009 - 26.2 miles - ING NYC Marathon!!



... and who knows... maybe this is just the beginning of a marathon career!!

No comments:

Post a Comment