Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Priorities...???

I have this inability to turn down an invitation or say no to mostly anything. Really, I do... 99% of the time, last minute invitations that come my way... IM THERE! Perfect example... I got an invite to the Yankee game at 4:45 the other day. I had every intention of going home, doing laundry, cleaning and just do the little things I keep putting off. Did I go to the game, you ask? YOU BET YOUR ASS I DID! Hot dogs? Beer? Nick Swisher's butt about 10 ft from me? Oh Yeah!

Anyways, enough about them... this is about running and my experience toward the marathon, right? So, my inability to turn down socializing and doing activites has really been challenged. I love having zero plans and then going by the fly with a million things that pop up last minute. With a marathon training schedule, I cant really do that... well... I can, but then I run myself down and crash! literally! Like saturday, after being out till 3am, I was up at 7:45 to drive home to go to my friends wedding shower. But since I try to do so much, I had piles of laundry that had not been done in 2 weeks, so I had to do laundry before the shower. PLUS I had to find the time to fit my 6 miles in too. So, by saturday night. I crashed! I crashed hard. I realized that its important that I really get rest and not push myself to the limits -physically, mentally, and socially.

My approach this week is to stick to the schedule, and balance time for my social life. Its worked so far! But... its only wednesday... Tomorrow's thursday and I got an invite to the Yankee game again... and friday... well there's always people who want a drink after a long work week. Plus, its the Summer! It cant be wasted away running...

Check back after Saturday's big run at Forest Park in Queens!!! I guess you will have to see then if that social life of mine took over my week! 11 Miles on Saturday! Lee, dont doo iiitt!!! DONT GO OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment