Monday, July 20, 2009

Zoned out!

I always get into these zones when I workout. When I would regurlarly go to the gym, the trainers would always comment to me, "you are very serious when you workout, are you training for something?". And my first thought is usually I was just doing a lot of thinking.
My past few runs have been deep in thought. I was thinking back to the days of when I was on my highschool track team.

On Wednesay, we ran 4-350 meter sprints with a cool down lap in between each sprint on the track in central park by Harlem Hill. All I thought about was Coach Lujack and her crazy practices and how she would constantly yell "pump those arms!" I couldn't help but laugh at myself and the fact that I hoped I would never have to run sprints again! But here I was, running sprints. I forgot how hard running all out sprints were! I have to say, although we didnt run much distance, it was probably the hardest workout since I started training...

Saturday, I ran on my own. Since I was home in CT, I thought well... since I was reminiscing about my highschool days on Wednesday, why not hit the good 'ol Hamden High School track. So, I suited up, grabbed my Ipod and had a couple extra sips of water before heading out. I ran from my parents house up to the high school and onto the track. Staring at the track and the football stadium, I thought about the countless hours I used to run around this track. 4 miles around the track! drenched in sweat! and the whole time I was thinking - this is crazy! its 90 degrees out, and in November, its going to be 40 degrees! But all in all, it was good and homebound I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment