Monday, July 27, 2009

Queens

I lived up to my word! I didn't go out all week! Wow! I feel so productive. I cleaned, I cooked, I rested, I caught up with friends I haven't talked to in weeks. Yep damn proud of myself! But slightly disappointed... Passed up Yanks tix on thursday... AND AGAIN ON FRIDAY! Oh well...

Saturday, we ran at Forest Park in Forest Hills Queens. Bright and early my alarm went off at 6:30am. OUCH! Sleepy eyed, I got dressed, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and choked down a banana.

What happened to my leisurely Saturday mornings when I would roll out of bed, brew a pot of coffee, park my butt on the sofa and chat about whatever mayhem Jackie or I got into the night before? Those are put on hold for now.. Anyways, out to Queens we go! We ran on the bridle path of the park, 4 times around. With a couple of close encounters with some horses, our run was intended to be a 12 mile course calculated out to be 10.5 mi. But Hey! I'm not complaining, that was a great run! This was the farthest I have ever ran continuously, and it felt great! My knees felt great, my quads didn't feel like they were going to pull, and my ankles didn't feel like they were going to give out. Well done Lee!

No comments:

Post a Comment