Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Theres a first time for everything

As the old saying goes, "theres a first time for everything".

Tonight, I had a first all right. While running the reservoir in the park, I inhaled a bug! yup! Sucked it right in. Right into my mouth and, gulp, yep, it went right down. You know, bugs have flown into my forehead, my eye, maybe hit me in my lip but never actually caught one in my mouth. So, after this protein fortified snack, I got to thinking of all the firsts I have encountered this year training for the marathon.

Joining Team for Kids was the first group I joined since moving to NYC

Its the first time I didnt feel shy meeting new people (and I love each and every TFK'er Ive gotten to know)

First time I ever heard of AND ran the Bridle Path (and surely wont be the last!)

Ran my first New York Road Runners race

Ran my first Half Marathon

Realized that pedicures were a waste of money

Gained 10 lbs and its the first time I didnt freak out about gaining weight

First time I gave up my friday night social life so I can run @ 7:00 am on Saturdays.

It was the first time I ran 12 miles in the rain and didnt want to turn around and go home

I bought my first pair of running shorts, moisture wicking shirts, and my first pair of running sneakers that were "proper" running sneakers.

I realized how much I really do love running

I experienced my first Ice Bath (yes, thats a bath filled with ice and I like it!)

Add today to the list... FIRST TIME I SWALLOWED A BUG!!

Im about 6 weeks away from the marathon, yikes! But Im sure I will have many other firsts... keep posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment