Thursday, August 27, 2009

14-miler on "the Bridle Path!"

I know I am a little behind in my blog entries... but bear with me, its the summer! I gotta have some fun when Im not running, right?!

Anyways, Last saturday, we had our weekly "Long Run". Where do you ask? Oh, on the spectacular Bridle Path in Central Park. I think this is the first time I have brought up the "Bridle Path" but its not the first time we have ran it, nor will it be the last... It sounds like this beautiful trail, which it is except when you run it every monday and wednesday and well... saturdays too (when we dont have a field trip planned on saturdays).

So, this past saturday we ran at 7 am in the rain. We met at our "alternate" TFK meeting spot and got ready for our 14 miles through the park. I was torn with which group I should run with. I have been improving every week and feel as if I am stuck between 2 pace groups; the 9-10 min milers and the 8-9 min milers. I started with the 9-10 min group and pulled ahead with John and Sarah. We kept a steady pace throughout the whole 14 miles. John and I decided our goal was to keep the 8-9 min milers in our sight since we both are working hard to one day be apart of that pace group. The rain in the first half of the practice was a blessing believe it or not! When the rain went away, and the sun tried to come out, it was a hot and muggy one! But all-in-all, it was a great practice!

Of course we finished it off with a little breakfast and Coach Glen joined us! We shared stories and ailments that we all have and he gave his insight on them. I told him how my heartburn seems to act up more now than ever and he told me that our stomach acids definitely rise with the more intense workouts we have and that eating hot sauce on my eggs drinking coffee and hitting up a bodega for a piece of chocolate is just going to make it worse! Oh well! thats what Tums are for, right? Thanks Glen for looking out for me!

Oh, and just so you know... I didnt stop and get that piece of chocolate, I waited until the wedding I went to on Saturday to have my chocolate fix... mmm.... cake!

And that was another typical Saturday, a day in the life of Lee...

'Till next time,
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment