Thursday, February 11, 2010

On the road again

Welp, its official. I moved to the Upper East Side. I finally hit the pavement again twice in a week! Felt great! Loving my new neighborhood, let alone my new apt and my new fish Moby!

Now, I have to learn the running etiquitte of the UES neighborhood. Who runs on the East River? Who runs in the Park? When do people go? Do they go in pacts or by themselves? I have lots of questions, so I apologize in advance for harrassing people and asking a million questions to my fellow UES neighbors...

Next mission... hating that I dont have a marathon in the near future that I am training for. Yeah I mentioned that I changed my plan and am going to run the Grand Prix in each of the boro's but I still have this mission to qualify for Boston. I know I can do it, but New York isnt until November, and to procrastinate the training until July isnt what I want to do... I need a goal!!!

So - This is where you come into play... I need your opinion. I found a marathon here on the East Coast. Actually in the town of my Alma Mater. Should I do the New Jersey Marathon on May 2nd?? Its at the Shore, in Long Branch, NJ footsteps away from Monmouth University. I havent visited the school, let alone Monmouth County or the Shore in years. What better way to re-visit the place I loved so much, right?? So, SHOULD I DO IT??!!!

Here's the catch.. If I train for this Marathon, I will be training alone, unless I can recruit some people to do it with me... ANY TAKERS????

http://www.njmarathon.org/index.html ** Check out the site! Its close and its on the Beach!!**


feedback is wanted...

No comments:

Post a Comment